Modern Lady? Here’s How To Find Her A Modern Engagement Ring
Thursday, March 30, 2017
"Love one another and you will be happy. It’s as simple and as difficult as that."
If you have a trendy, modern girlfriend, you may feel flummoxed at the thought of choosing the perfect engagement ring for her. But, there are tons of ways to modernize a ring to get the perfect look and we have put together a few tips to get you started.
- Get Creative with the Band
- Pick Angular Cuts
- Pick a Special Gem
- What About a Tension or Bridge Setting?
- Try A Cluster
One of the easiest ways to create a modern engagement ring is to get creative with the band. Here are a few ideas:
• Stylized – pick a band with some sort of artistry on it such as swirls, twists, or other geometric designs to give it a modern spin
• Thicker – pick a thicker band which is really in fashion these days
• Split shank – these bands have a lovely flair and are a popular choice with modern women. If your girl wants a unique look, try a crisscross or deeper split band. Go for elegant, clean, and simple.
Princess and round cuts are the most classic. So for your modern lady, pick shapes with long angular features, such as:
• Baguette – this isn’t one of the usual 10 diamond cut shapes, but it is really popular for modern designs and its simple cut looks like a bread baguette
• Radiant – consider a ring for your beloved partner that has a multitude of facets to give it its brilliance
• Emerald – this is a long cut that has stepped facets that look like a little staircase – very modern indeed!
We know that diamonds are forever, but modern ladies like to mix things up. Engagement rings with sapphires and other colourful stones are very trendy at the moment and they are also timeless. A few examples include:
• Emeralds – a beautiful deep green
• Sapphires – a popular gem usually bought in shades of blue, but they come in a wide range of colours
• Yellow diamonds – those with an excellent cut will look just like sunshine on the brightest of days
Tension settings have become popular amongst modern ladies. With this setting, the band holds the stone in place in a way that makes it look like it is floating. A bridge setting also achieves this modern and funky effect.
A diamond cluster around a gem is a great way to freshen up a ring’s look, and the options are endless. A straight line of tiny emerald cut diamonds is especially modern. Many of today’s jewellers are also creating rings that do not have a large diamond, but rather a small cluster sent into the band. This look is really nice for ladies who work with their hands and aren’t really able to sport a massive diamond on their finger. Take a look at the selection available at www.diamondjewellerystudio.com.au.
Whatever you decide to do to create a modern engagement ring for your partner, you are spoiled for choice. Play around a little, look through photos, and talk to jewellers about the options and you are sure to pick the perfect modern ring.
- The Cassie Paige